Winter Festival Benefiting Toys For Tots
Saturday, December 8th 10a – 4p
You need to go to the King of Prussia Firehouse Social Hall on Saturday if you have any love for Star Wars, Fun, Food, Toys, Shopping, Prizes, and FUN!
The wife-and-husband team behind this huge Toys For Tots benefit are some of the biggest Star Wars fans/collectors we know, and are swell folks to boot.
They’ve put together a massive team of Stormtroopers and Rebels to invade the hall including C-3PO and a few droids!
Admission is FREE! Bring a new, unwrapped toy to be entered for a door prize!
- Santa will be on hand for professional photo ops!
- Build your own cupcakes!
- There will be a licensed Reiki and massage therapist!
- Silent Auctions! Raffles!
- Music! Food! Face Painting!
- Star Wars 501st Garrison Carida “Shoot-A-Trooper”!
- Star Wars Rebel Legion Echo Base Meet & Greet!
- Shopping of all kinds!
- We’ll have a table of STAR WARS TOYS!
Winter Festival Contributors of Prizes, Auction Items, and More
Please-Touch MuseumRailroad Museum of PennsylvaniaChester County Book Lady
Chili’s Bar & Grill
and The Comic Book Shop!
If they like…The Walking Dead:
- Y The Last Man (Vertigo) Yorick is the last man on earth, literally. And now he must survive a world of women and figure out what’s happened.
- Sweet Tooth (Vertigo) An original ongoing series from one of today’s top talents, Jeff Lemire. Mad Max meets Bambi in this post-apocalyptic tale where the only children born after The Plague are human/animal hybrids.
If they like…alternative chefs:
- Chew (Image) Eisner Award winning ongoing series about an FDA agent in a future where chicken is illegal and the FDA is the most powerful government agency.
If they like…dystopian futures:
- Transmetropolitan (Vertigo) Warren Ellis goes cyber-punk in this tale about Spider Jerusalem, a renegade journalist documenting a corrupt system.
- Channel Zero (Dark Horse) Brian Wood is truly a master of his craft with this graphic novel set in the near future. “Big Brother meets Dark Angel in New York City.”
If they like…zombies:
- Rachel Rising Terry Moore’s current ongoing series about a girl who wakes up….after dying.
- I, Zombie (Vertigo) A zombie and her friends. Life as normal….right?
If they like…Once Upon A Time:
- Fables (Vertigo) The vast series that’s ongoing about fables living in New York and the society surrounding them.
If they like…aliens and dirty politics:
- Saucer Country (Vertigo) “X-Files meets West Wing” (Comicbookresources.com)
If they like…to pick out their own books:
- Gift Certificates!
Benefiting Toys For Tots
Next show: Saturday December 8, 2012
King of Prussia Firehouse, 170 Allendale Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406
10 AM – 4 PM
Star Wars 501st “Shoot-A-Trooper” * Raffles * Face Painting * Cupcake Bar * Door Prizes
We’ll have tables there!!
Friday November 23 – Saturday November 24 – Sunday November 25
Super Markdown Clearance TOYS!
Super Markdown Clearance STATUES and BUSTS!
Newly Discounted Graphic Novels $5 and Up!
Regular Priced Graphic Novels 25% OFF!
All Back Issue Comics in Bins 50% OFF!
Super Markdown Silver-to-Modern Back Issues $3 EACH!
All-New X-Men Launch Party!
November 14, 2012
All Brian Michael Bendis/Stuart Immonen graphic novels will be 25% off!
For each copy of All-New X-Men you purchase, be entered to win a free year’s subscription to All-New X-Men!
Join us in celebrating one of Marvel Now’s premiere titles!
Limited Edition Lithographs, Buttons & More!!*
*With purchase of All-New X-Men #1. While supplies last.
SUPERSTORM SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: Non-Perishable Food and Supplies Needed
Watching the devastation from Hurricane Sandy on TV is bad enough. Personally knowing people in the middle of all that makes it even harder. Not knowing how to help makes it worse.
So my dad is making trips to Long Island to deliver goods to help friends of his – people we know – and their neighbors who lost EVERYTHING in the storm. Everything includes their house and a comfortable daily life for some time to come. If you are interested and able, please contribute non-perishable food and supplies which will be personally delivered to displaced victims in great need.
We’re asking primarily for dry and canned food donations, packs or cans of coffee, dry creamer, cereal, aspirin and/ or OTC pain relievers – essentially the stuff you’d miss if you were in that position. Nothing that will spoil, please. You can drop off to The Shop anytime during regular hours.
Please give what you can – even if it’s a can of vegetables or a package of Ramen noodles. We will also accept cash or gift card donations because so many other kinds of items will be needed. Absolutely all donations will be given to the Forgaz family and their neighboring hurricane victims.
The first relief run will be made this Saturday, Nov. 10, another one on the 16th.
Thanks all. You’re the best,
Sarah and Patrick
Top Shelf Productions publishes some of the most interesting and visually engaging alternative comics and graphic novels in the industry right now. Working with talents such as Alan Moore, Matt Kindt, Jeff Lemire, Nate Powell, Craig Thompson, and many other award-winning creators, they continue to deliver unique, quality stories year after year.
Since 1997 Top Shelf has published more than 250 award winning comics and graphic novels. Their most recent accomplishment? The Underwater Welder by Jeff Lemire reached the New York Times Bestseller List in August of this year. For a publisher that started out as a single anthology showcasing up-and-comers, they’ve come a long way.
To celebrate our love for Top Shelf and their support of emerging talent, ALL TOP SHELF graphic novels are 25% off during the month of October!
If you’re looking for a gift for an alternative/independent reader we recommend starting with our Top Shelf section. Here are a few favorites:
- Andy Runton: Owly (all ages, wordless)
- Jeff Lemire: Underwater Welder, Essex County
- Craig Thompson: Blankets (available in soft or hardcover)
- James Kochalka: American Elf, Dragon Puncher, Johnny Boo (all ages)
- Harvey Pekar: Cleveland
- Jeffery Brown: Incredible Change-Bots, Clumsy, Undeleted Scenes
- Alan Moore: League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century
- Nate Powell: Swallow Me Whole, Any Empire