Wednesday, December 19th 11am-6pm
Nerdy gifts we’re sure they don’t already have!
Geek Boy Press
T-Shirts, Aprons, and Tote Bags featuring Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, & other cult classics
Colorful Prints to suit any taste of pop culture, in assorted sizes – some are framed!
Christmas stockings, Oven Mitts, & Accessories inspired by superheros, cartoons, & zombies!
FREE COMICS! Costume Contest! BIG SALE! Prizes!
Come in costume ANY TIME DURING THE WEEKEND for an EXTRA FREE COMIC, GOODY BAG, and a chance to win our COSTUME CONTEST!
25% OFF Display Case Books (key issues)
25% OFF New Variant Covers
25% OFF Graphic Novels, Hardcovers, & Trade Paperbacks
25% OFF New & Vintage Toys
25% OFF Statues, Busts, & Lead Figures
25% OFF Gaming
25% OFF Comics & Gaming Supplies
25% OFF Everything Else**New Comics and Magazines, Prior Holds, Special Orders, and Food/Drinks will not be discounted.
*Sale Prices cannot be used towards Layaway or with Store Credit.
*Local/Independent Creators & Publishers will not be discounted.
Titus and I just got back from another fantastic weekend at the Allentown Comic Con! Several times a year we set up in the Merchant’s Square Mall for a one or two day convention that draws crowds from all over the region, ready to get their geek on.
The show is great to work as a vendor(not too far away, table prices are reasonable, easy load in/out) and as a fan (always different celebrities and guests, variety of panels, lots of vendors). We also enjoy meeting creators and supporting their comics directly. Like farm-to-table food, creator-to-reader comics bears a special weight to the product.
Two independent creators stood out from the crowd this weekend because their comics made me laugh. I stopped at Vince LoGreco’s table of original art for his comic strips because they were easy to ready from a distance and were pretty funny! His OH-NO Comics have been collected in two volumes and counting. The other book I couldn’t leave without buying is Busty Girl. One hundred webcomics with the woe of endowment will reassure those who are suffering and enlighten those without.
Thank you to The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley for taking photos of last weekend’s Mega Show!
As the show started to wind down during the last hour we were able to move around the room and meet some guests who had been buried behind lines of guests all weekend. Jeremy Bulloch, the actor who played Boba Fett, and Dickey Beer, stunt-man extraordinaire, had already packed to leave but were gracious to tarry for a few more fans. Although he said he would be breaking down at 4:30p, a half-hour before show ending, the charming Jim Steranko stayed long after to meet fans, give autographs, and spin amazing yarns of comic cons past. He told us the secret to his eternal youth and unwavering pompadour is his raw food diet. If you were to see him in action, you’d believe it!
Comic-cons aren’t just about selling comics and toys, meeting movie stars, and buying original art pages – they’re also where we meet creators, talk comics with strangers, and introduce the next generation to comics, collectibles, and cons. We’re fortunate to have a unique and evolving hobby. It is our responsibility to pass our kn0wledge and respect to those who haven’t learned it yet, to keep classics alive and while creating new ones.
We met Paige and Claire at the awesomest comic-con ever: Asbury Park Comic Con. Their table stood out from the others because, hey, they’re twin-like sisters and had all handmade wares. They design and make expressive, thoughtful, and often creepy little comics, each held together with twine or tape, in their college dorm room.
On Wednesday, July 18th the drawing duo will travel from their Jersey home to sketch, sign, and speak about their art and comics. You can pick up samples of what they’ll bring at our Local Creators display at the front of our shop. For a broader view of their works check Claire’s Tumblr and Paige’s Tumblr.
- Sunday, July 1st – Tuesday, July 31st TOY DRIVE ALL MONTH! Donate your new and gently used toys to those in need. We will pass these to Nemours Children’s Hospital and local community groups. Thank you!
- Monday, July 2nd 12:01am (Tuesday morning!!) – Amazing Spider-Man Midnight Showing
- Tuesday, July 3rd Amazing Spider-Man Showings for Regular People
- Wednesday, July 4th Independence Day! New Comics Day! Open regular hours all day!
- Saturday, July 7th Inside Sidewalk Sale! Titus is digging out the good stuff he’s been hiding behind all those doors and is putting it all out for you at DEEP DISCOUNTS! 10am-8pm Bring your toy donations!
- Sunday, July 8th Day Two of our Inside Sidewalk Sale! 12pm-5pm Bring your toy donations!
- Tuesday, July 11th Walking Dead #100 Midnight Release Party and IMAGE SALE! 7pm – 1am Be the first to pick up TWD #100 with your choice of cover, get 25% OFF Image Graphic Novels, enter in our Door Prizes! Prepay anytime after 7pm and pick up your book later at your convenience! (Not before 12:01a!)
- Friday, July 13th Magic The Gathering 2013 Release Party! 7pm Sealed Booster Draft!
- Wednesday, July 18th The ThINK Illustration Connelly Sisters will be signing here all day showcasing their unique, handmade comics and prints. Stop by to see the debut of Wheat King!
- Thursday, July 19th 12:01 am (Friday morning!!) Dark Knight Rises Midnight Showing
- Friday, July 20th Dark Knight Rises Showings for Regular People
- Friday, July 20th PaperKeg Podcast will be at Barcade in Philly drinking and entertaining all night!