What Do You Get For The Person Who Likes …?Posted: November 28, 2012
If they like…The Walking Dead:
- Y The Last Man (Vertigo) Yorick is the last man on earth, literally. And now he must survive a world of women and figure out what’s happened.
- Sweet Tooth (Vertigo) An original ongoing series from one of today’s top talents, Jeff Lemire. Mad Max meets Bambi in this post-apocalyptic tale where the only children born after The Plague are human/animal hybrids.
If they like…alternative chefs:
- Chew (Image) Eisner Award winning ongoing series about an FDA agent in a future where chicken is illegal and the FDA is the most powerful government agency.
If they like…dystopian futures:
- Transmetropolitan (Vertigo) Warren Ellis goes cyber-punk in this tale about Spider Jerusalem, a renegade journalist documenting a corrupt system.
- Channel Zero (Dark Horse) Brian Wood is truly a master of his craft with this graphic novel set in the near future. “Big Brother meets Dark Angel in New York City.”
If they like…zombies:
- Rachel Rising Terry Moore’s current ongoing series about a girl who wakes up….after dying.
- I, Zombie (Vertigo) A zombie and her friends. Life as normal….right?
If they like…Once Upon A Time:
- Fables (Vertigo) The vast series that’s ongoing about fables living in New York and the society surrounding them.
If they like…aliens and dirty politics:
- Saucer Country (Vertigo) “X-Files meets West Wing” (Comicbookresources.com)
If they like…to pick out their own books:
- Gift Certificates!