Tuesday ReviewsDay! 4.10.12 By SarahPosted: April 13, 2012
Down and Dirty:
- Amazing Spider-Man #683 Ends of the Earth: Spidey and the Avengers against the Sinister Six. Marvel crossover event DONE.
- Avengers Academy #28 War with the Runaways Part 2/2: I had fallen out of love with AA around the trip to the future – sprawling story, inconsistent and lesser quality art, forced crossovers. This issue is bringing everything back on track.
- Criminal Macabre: Die, Die, My Darling one-shot: Fans of Goon or Hellboy will also love Criminal Macabre. Spice up your stack with our hero Cal as he and his trusty partner battle monstrous evil.
- Daredevil #10.1: A proper Point One: Background info on the main and supporting characters, recap of what’s currently happening, and a lead in for what’s next. Or you could also buy it for the cover alone.
- Fairest #2: Aladdin woke Sleeping Beauty with true love’s kiss and the know-it-all genie just won’t bugger off.
- Fanboys vs Zombies #1: Sam Humphries. $1. Do the math.
- Fatale #4: Keeps getting better. The essay at the end of every issue invites you to continue the pleasure of the story by keeping you in the world a little longer.
- Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery HC: Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly. For the experienced Grant Morrison reader. Titus’ Pick!
- Joe Golem & the Drowning City III HC: I was sold when I saw the cover. I was sold when I read, “Illustrated novel…creator of Hellboy…100 illustrations.” Then I read the rest of the solicitation. I need to read this NOW.
- Men of War #8: I enjoyed the first seven issues of this relaunch because they were in a world almost completely absent of traditional superheroes. With this issue Jeff Lemire deftly brings Frankenstein to the series and sweeps another title into his fold.
- Whispers #2: The Luna Brothers have a unique style to their works which is clear in this, Joshua’s first solo work, but there’s also something distinctly different here. And very, very good. My Pick of the Week!
- Wolverine and the X-Men #8: Another X-Man is pushed to his base nature. Also, do not make Beast angry.
See you next week! ~SaRah!